I have just returned from two weeks in Sanur,Bali. My first overseas travel adventure for two years. My stay delivered a most relaxing time, enabling me to read, write and relax, -the Balinese people, friendly and welcoming as ever.
This holiday time coincided with the launch of a new writer's notebook, so I had added incentive to fill it with a mass of observations and special moments.
A range of short poems spilled out across my stay in Sanur, a place I have been fortunate to visit several times before. Each time the writing is easy on this tranquil island. I began gently with the flowers blooming close by...
This morning
I looked at the flowers
And said
Thank you.
I looked at the flowers
And said
Thank you.
Alan j Wright
Then came some Haiku as I developed a routine of sitting in Patio Cafe mid morning coffee and contemplation, while watching the world buzz by as words swirled in my head.
Walk the streets early
As earht's vapours are rising
And sunlight is soft.
Large green leaves flutter
Like sails in a slight breeze
Ruffled so gently.
Sunlight through the leaves
Makes filagreed small patterns
On the ancient steps.
Frangipani trees
Release their fragrant essence
White blooms spiral down.
The spider lily
Courts a solitary bee
That buzzes loudly.
Alan j Wright
It is Poetry Friday and on this occasion our host is Linda Baie. Linda's post commemorates the 25th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks with a solemn poem.
Comments
Post a Comment